Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for cheaper insurance rates in York, PA? Sick and tired of scraping nickels together to keep your car insured? You're in the same situation as millions of other people.
Shocking but true, almost 70% of insureds kept their coverage with the same insurance company for well over three years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. With the average insurance premium being $1,363, Pennsylvania drivers can save nearly 55% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most tend to underestimate the actual amount they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Because you have many companies to choose from , it can be hard to pick the right insurance company.
Consumers need to take a look at other company's rates quite often because insurance prices change regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest price on insurance last year you will most likely find a better rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you're about to learn how to use the internet to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
This article will tell you the most effective way to quote insurance and some money-saving tips. If you have a policy now, you will be able to lower your rates using these techniques. But Pennsylvania vehicle owners can benefit from knowing the way companies sell insurance online and take advantage of how the system works.
Compare York auto insurance quotes online
When quoting auto insurance, remember that comparing all the rates in your area increases your odds of finding the best offered rates.
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in York, PA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 2WD||$1,544||$772||$129|
|Chevrolet Impala LTZ||$1,086||$543||$91|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$1,192||$596||$99|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$1,206||$603||$101|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$832||$416||$69|
|Ford F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$936||$468||$78|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,280||$640||$107|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$804||$402||$67|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$1,104||$552||$92|
|Honda Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,484||$742||$124|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,056||$528||$88|
|Hyundai Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$992||$496||$83|
|Mazda 3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Hatchback||$1,082||$541||$90|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,090||$545||$91|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,260||$630||$105|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,384||$692||$115|
|Volkswagen Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,170||$585||$98|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in York location which can modify prices considerably.
Safe drivers pay cheaper rates
The example below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims can influence Ford Escape insurance rates for different age groups. The prices are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Ford Escape rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Get cheap rates on car insurance with these car insurance discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Save over 55 - If you're over the age of 55, you may receive a small discount on rates.
- Student Discounts - A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a York car insurance quote. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Driver's Ed - Require your teen driver to enroll in driver's education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you could earn a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Options like air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
Consumers should know that some credits don't apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, that's just not realistic. Any amount of discount will definitely lower the premium cost.
To choose providers with the best discounts in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
Learn how to lower your car insurance prices
It's important that you understand the rating factors that aid in calculating car insurance rates. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that could result in big savings. Lots of things are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, although others are more transparent like where you live or your vehicle rating.
- More miles equals more premium - The more miles you rack up on your car every year the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies calculate rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles can be on a lower rate level than those used for commuting. Make sure your vehicle rating is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Liability insurance limits should be high - Your policy's liability coverage provides coverage in the event that you are determined to be liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Men drivers tend to cost more - Over time, data shows women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn't mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men cause fender benders in similar numbers, but the men tend to have higher claims. Men also get ticketed for serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
- Cut prices and deter theft - Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping car theft and help bring rates down.
- Additional coverages that may be costing you - There are a lot of additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying but may not be useful. Coverage for things like rental car coverage, towing, and extra equipment coverage are some examples. They may seem like a good idea when buying your policy, but if they're wasting money eliminate them to save money.
Car insurance can get complicated
When buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone's needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Can good grades get a discount?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Quote often and quote early
When shopping online for auto insurance, it's not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Affordable auto insurance in York can be sourced online in addition to many York insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is actually quite simple.
To read more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pennsylvania Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Plum, Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Pennsylvania Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in New Castle, Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)