Price shopping your Toyota Corolla insurance in Pittsburgh is difficult for beginners to quoting coverage rates online. There are so many agents and companies to choose from that it can turn into a real challenge to compare rates in Pennsylvania on Toyota Corolla insurance.
Astonishing but true, the vast majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates from other carriers. Consumers in Pittsburgh could pocket up to 55% a year just by comparing rates, but they don't know how much money they would save if they bought a different policy.
Get cheaper Toyota Corolla insurance rates in Pittsburgh
Some insurers don't always publicize every disount available very clearly, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common and the harder-to-find ways to save on insurance.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Safety Course Discount - Passing a defensive driver class is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
- Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Accident Free - Claim-free drivers pay much less in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Driver's Education for Students - Have your child enroll and complete driver's education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Insuring multiple cars or trucks on the same insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better rates if you take out some life insurance too.
- Club Memberships - Joining certain professional organizations may earn a discount when shopping for insurance.
- Paperless Signup - Certain larger companies give back up to $50 shop Pittsburgh car insurance on their website.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don't apply to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren't that lucky. But any discount will help reduce your insurance premiums.
Large insurance companies and the discounts they provide include:
- State Farm may offer discounts for student away at school, driver's education, multiple policy, good student, anti-theft, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO has discounts for good student, anti-theft, emergency military deployment, driver training, military active duty, and multi-vehicle.
- Allstate includes discounts for multi-policy, good payer, farm vehicle, passive restraint, premier plus, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including teen safety rewards, anti-theft, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, and bundle discounts.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for 55 and retired, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, safe driver, driver training, and good student.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, and online signing.
- AAA offers discounts including AAA membership discount, good student, education and occupation, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
Before buying, ask every insurance company how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in Pittsburgh. To choose insurance companies with discount rates in Pittsburgh, click here.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more rates from different companies gives you a better chance of getting the best rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide Pittsburgh Corolla insurance quotes over the internet, so you need to compare quotes from them as well.
The following companies are ready to provide free rate quotes in Pennsylvania. If your goal is to find cheaper auto insurance in Pennsylvania, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can raise or lower rates greatly.
Rate comparison for different deductibles
The information below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can influence Toyota Corolla insurance rates for each age group. The premiums assume a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Age-based car insurance rates by gender
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Toyota Corolla premium costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Quote Toyota Corolla Insurance Cheaper
It's important that you understand some of the things that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower premium levels.
The factors shown below are a few of the things used by insurance companies to determine your rate level.
- Never let your auto insurance expire - Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance could earn you fines or a revoked license.
- Job stress can make you pay more - Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs such as military personnel, business owners and stock brokers usually pay higher average rates attributed to high stress levels and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, occupations such as actors, engineers and performers generally pay rates lower than average.
- Driving citations mean higher prices - Having a single citation can increase the cost of insurance substantially. Careful drivers get better rates than bad drivers. Drivers who have serious violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may need to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to continue driving.
- Prices impacted by your city - Residing in less populated areas has definite advantages when it comes to auto insurance. Less people means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. People in densely populated areas have much more traffic and more severe claims. Longer commute distances means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- When should you file a auto insurance claims? - If you frequently file small claims, you shouldn't be surprised to get higher rates. Insurance companies in Pennsylvania provide the best rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Toyota Corolla claim data - Insurers take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Models that the data determines to have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher premium rates. The table below demonstrates the historical loss data for Toyota Corolla vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is considered to be 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 point to more losses or statistically larger losses.
Toyota Corolla Insurance Claim Statistics
Specific Toyota Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Corolla 133 111 94 156 158 128
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to have guidance from an insurance agent
Some consumers just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, the quote information is submitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You won't even need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to compare prices from a particular provider, feel free to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurer should depend on more than just the premium amount. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Is the agent properly licensed in Pennsylvania?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Pittsburgh?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
Below are Pittsburgh insurers that may be willing to give comparison quotes for Toyota Corolla insurance in Pittsburgh.
- Donna Fleming - State Farm Insurance Agent
11203 Frankstown Rd - Pittsburgh, PA 15235 - (412) 242-5995 - View Map
- Darla Zeli - State Farm Insurance Agent
2513 E Carson St - Pittsburgh, PA 15203 - (412) 431-7166 - View Map
- Mike Dudenas - State Farm Insurance Agent
901 Castle Shannon Blvd - Pittsburgh, PA 15234 - (412) 561-5012 - View Map
- Danielle Howard - State Farm Insurance Agent
1500 Ardmore Blvd Ste 403 - Pittsburgh, PA 15221 - (412) 351-3305 - View Map
After you get positive responses for all questions you ask in addition to an acceptable price estimate, most likely you have located an insurer that can be relied on to properly service your insurance policy.
Why you need insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Toyota Corolla in Pittsburgh, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Toyota Corolla has a lienholder, almost every bank will force you to have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Toyota at a significantly higher premium and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $810 a year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to save money.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
When buying insurance coverage, it's very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
There are still a few companies who may not offer internet price quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents. Discount Toyota Corolla insurance can be found on the web and from local agencies, so you need to compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service or even delays in paying claims. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding a new company can be less work than you think.
Much more information about car insurance in Pennsylvania is located at these links:
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Altoona, Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pennsylvania Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- How Much are Pennsylvania Auto Insurance Rates for Felons? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)