Are you searching for the cheapest Chevy Cruze insurance in Pittsburgh? Are you sick and tired of not being able to scrape enough together each month for car insurance? You have the same problem as millions of other drivers.
Unimaginable but true, a large majority of car insurance policyholders in Pennsylvania have remained with the same car insurance company for at least four years, and 38% of drivers have never shopped around. American consumers can save almost 46.5% each year just by comparing rates, but they just don't want to compare other rate quotes.
Lots of car insurance companies contend for your hard-earned dollar, so it's not easy to compare every insurer and uncover the absolute best rates possible on Chevy Cruze insurance in Pittsburgh.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas you're about to read. Locating the best rates in Pittsburgh is actually quite simple. But Pennsylvania car owners need to learn the way companies determine what you pay because rates fluctuate considerably.
When looking for cheaper Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to obtain and compare prices from different companies. One of the best ways to compare Chevy Cruze insurance prices is to get quotes online.
Doing online rate quotes comparisons is so easy that it takes the place of having to drive around to local Pittsburgh insurance agencies. The internet has reduced the need for local agents unless you require the professional assistance only provided by licensed Pittsburgh agents. Although, it is possible get the lowest quotes online but buy from a local insurance agent. Keep in mind that quoting more provides better odds of finding the best price.
The companies in the list below can provide quotes in Pennsylvania. In order to find the cheapest auto insurance in Pennsylvania, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts on Chevy Cruze insurance in Pittsburgh?
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but there's a good chance there are discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically before being credited.
- Good Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Good Student - Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles with factory air bags can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Telematics Devices - Insureds that choose to allow companies to spy on their driving habits by using a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying a policy with multiple vehicles with the same car insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Mature drivers may receive a discount up to 10%.
Don't be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, car insurance companies aren't that generous. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce the amount you have to pay.
Popular car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good student, safe vehicle, driver's education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and defensive driving training.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for multi-policy, family plan, easy pay, good student, business or organization, and accident-free.
- GEICO may have discounts that include air bags, emergency military deployment, military active duty, anti-theft, and daytime running lights.
- AAA offers discounts including multi-policy, anti-theft, multi-car, education and occupation, good driver, and good student.
- 21st Century has savings for driver training, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, student driver, good student, and air bags.
- The Hartford includes discounts for air bag, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, good student, and bundle.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in your state. To see a list of providers that offer the discounts shown above in Pittsburgh, click here.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
It's important that you understand some of the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get cheaper rates. Lots of factors are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, although some other factors are less obvious such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
Shown below are some of the items insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
- Excellent credit scores equal low prices - Having a bad credit score is likely to be a major factor in your rate calculation. If your credit history is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your Chevrolet Cruze by improving your rating. Consumers who have good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower credit scores.
- Pay more out-of-pocket - Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a windshield broken by a bird, fire damage, and damage from wind. The larger the amount you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- You may save more by combining policies - Most insurance companies will give better rates to buyers that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to as much as ten percent or more If you currently are using one company, it's still a good idea to get quotes from other companies to ensure the best deal.
- Your liability coverage limits - Your insurance policy's liability coverage is the protection in the event that a court rules you are at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to other policy coverages, so do not cut corners here.
- Are males or females drivers cheaper? - Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Males and females tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but the males have costlier accidents. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use - The more you drive your Chevy in a year the higher your rates will be. A lot of companies calculate rates based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Double check that your insurance coverage correctly shows the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money. A policy that improperly rates your Cruze is just wasting money.
- Insurance loss statistics a Chevy Cruze - Companies factor in historical loss data to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that tend to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for specific coverages.
The data below shows the historical loss data for Chevy Cruze vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Values that are under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
Chevrolet Cruze Insurance Loss Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Cruze 96 132 87 136 153 152
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agent or online?
Certain consumers prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find the best rates and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will return price quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to you. It's the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you wish to compare prices for a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right company should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they function. Pittsburgh agents are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. They are usually well trained on their company's products which can be an advantage.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Pittsburgh who can help you get price quotes.
Darlene Shelton-Lamot - State Farm Insurance Agent
911 Western Ave - Pittsburgh, PA 15233 - (412) 322-1064 - View Map
These agents do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When comparison shopping, you should always get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Pittsburgh that are able to give rate quotes.
Dowd Insurance Agency Inc
998, Greensburg Pike - East Pittsburgh, PA 15112 - (412) 271-5477 - View Map
More effort can pay off
Lower-priced Chevy Cruze insurance in Pittsburgh can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Pittsburgh agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some companies don't offer internet price quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agents.
While you're price shopping online, don't be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Used Cars in Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pennsylvania Auto Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in State College, Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Altoona, Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)