Locating better insurance prices for a new or used car in Pennsylvania could be a lot of work, but you can use these tips to make it easier. There is a better way to compare auto insurance rates so you're going to learn the quickest way to get price quotes for a and locate the lowest price from Plum insurance agents and online providers.
A recent auto insurance study discovered that nearly 70% of Pennsylvania drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. American consumers could pocket up to 46.5% a year, but they just don't want to compare rates online.
Getting a low cost price on insurance isn't really that difficult. Just take time comparing rates from some recommended companies.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Plum, PA. To buy cheap car insurance in Pennsylvania, we suggest you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT 4WD||$936||$468||$78|
|Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid||$1,130||$565||$94|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Regular Cab||$1,244||$622||$104|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$1,166||$583||$97|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$962||$481||$80|
|Ford Explorer Limited AWD||$1,056||$528||$88|
|Ford F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$1,080||$540||$90|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$1,216||$608||$101|
|GMC Sierra SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$1,142||$571||$95|
|Honda Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$962||$481||$80|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$782||$391||$65|
|Honda Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,358||$679||$113|
|Hyundai Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$918||$459||$77|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$1,364||$682||$114|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,000||$500||$83|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,024||$512||$85|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Information does not factor in specific Plum garaging location which can raise or lower premium rates considerably.
Impact of citations and accidents on Plum insurance rates
The information below shows how violations and at-fault collisions impact Hyundai Sonata insurance premiums for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Hyundai Sonata rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
The information below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can increase or decrease Chevrolet Tahoe insurance prices for different categories of driver ages. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Chevrolet Tahoe rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your vehicle at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $855 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don't necessarily list every discount they offer in a way that's easy to find, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Own a Home - Just owning your own home can save you money because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Claim-Free Discount - Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Online Discount - Some larger companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application on their website.
- Low Miles Discount - Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- No Charge for an Accident - This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like State Farm and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don't have any claims for a set time period.
- Life Insurance Discount - If the company offers life insurance, you could get lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Good Driver Discount - Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, it doesn't quite work that way. Any amount of discount should help lower your overall premium however.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer these benefits possibly include:
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering the best way to save money. A few discounts might not apply in your area. For a list of providers with significant discounts in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
Buying from auto insurance agents
A lot of people just want to visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Professional agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. A good thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this simple form, the quote information is submitted to insurance agents in Plum that can give you free Plum auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Picking an company is decision based upon more than just a low price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Is the agency active in community causes in Plum?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
If you need to find a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they function. Plum agents are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can sell car insurance policies, but it's important to know why they differ because it can factor into your agent selection.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. These agents are unable to compare other company's rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents. A lot of people purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you should always compare prices from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller mutual companies which may have better rates.
Cheaper insurance prices are available
In this article, we covered many ideas to save on insurance in Plum. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Plum auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from a small local company.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Affordable insurance in Plum can be found both online and with local Plum insurance agents, so you need to shop Plum auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents.
Even more information can be read at these sites:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pennsylvania Auto Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Erie, Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Active Military in Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pennsylvania Auto Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Pennsylvania Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Pennsylvania Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)