Do you want to stop overpaying and find more competitive Chevy Cruze insurance in Allentown? Having to pay for high-priced auto insurance in Allentown can take a big chunk out of your monthly budget and make it tough to pay other bills. Comparing rates annually is a great way to cut your insurance bill.
A recent survey discovered that almost 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Pennsylvania consumers could save as much as $686 every year just by comparing rates, but they think it's difficult to compare rates online.
Lots of insurance companies contend for your business, so it's not easy to compare every provider to discover the definitive best price available on Chevy Cruze insurance in Allentown.
If you are insured now, you will be able to get lower rates using the concepts covered in this article. Choosing the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Allentown can be made easier if you know where to look. Although Pennsylvania car owners must know the way insurance companies calculate your policy premium and use this information to your advantage.
Cheapest companies for Chevy Cruze insurance
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Allentown, PA. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Pennsylvania, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Don't overlook these Chevy Cruze insurance discounts
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every available discount in a way that's easy to find, so the list below contains some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- Home Ownership Discount - Simply owning a home can save a few bucks because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you combine your home and auto policies with one insurance company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Telematics Data - Drivers that enable data collection to study driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as State Farm's In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Claim-Free Discount - Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Allentown car insurance quote in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Select larger companies give a discount for switching policies prior to your current Cruze insurance policy expiration. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Distant Student Discount - Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Allentown without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Theft Prevention System - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen with less frequency so companies will give you a small discount.
- ABS Braking Discount - Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
Don't be surprised that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like it's possible to get free car insurance, you aren't that lucky. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce your premiums.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- Farm Bureau discounts include driver training, multi-policy, 55 and retired, renewal discount, and youthful driver.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for student away at school, accident-free, multiple policy, defensive driving training, anti-theft, and multiple autos.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Allstate may offer discounts for economy car, multi-policy, new car, farm vehicle, and premier discount.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including easy pay, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, accident-free, family plan, and business or organization.
- MetLife offers discounts for defensive driver, good driver, claim-free, good student, multi-policy, and accident-free.
Double check with all the companies how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in every state. To locate insurers who offer online Chevy Cruze insurance quotes in Pennsylvania, click here.
When do I need an agent's advice?
When quoting and comparing coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a one size fits all plan. You are unique so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions might help in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
If you're not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Local insurance agents
Some people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with small agencies is important especially in Allentown.
By using this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Allentown who will give you quotes for your business. You won't even need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. Get lower rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to compare rates for a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you want to buy car insurance from a good insurance agency, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they function. Agents in Allentown can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type are not employed by any specific company so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. When comparing car insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Below are independent agencies in Allentown who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only write with one company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents are usually well trained in insurance sales which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Allentown that can give you price quotes.
Finding the right insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Allentown?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
One last thing to lower rates
The cheapest Chevy Cruze insurance in Allentown is attainable both online and with local Allentown insurance agents, so get free Allentown car insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not offer rate quotes online and usually these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When you buy Allentown car insurance online, it's very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- How Much are Pennsylvania Car Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Pennsylvania Car Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)