How many times have you said it's time to compare the cheapest insurance rates in Pittsburgh, PA? Pittsburgh buyers have options when searching for the lowest priced Hyundai Sonata insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents getting price quotes or leverage the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a better way to find insurance online so we're going to tell you the best way to quote coverages for a Hyundai and get the lowest possible price from Pittsburgh insurance agents and online providers.
Reduce your insurance rates with discounts
Some providers do not advertise every discount they offer very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Older drivers may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Active Service Discounts - Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Safe Driver Discount - Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Early Signing - A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching companies prior to your current Sonata insurance policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Braking Control Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
It's important to note that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren't that lucky. Any qualifying discounts should help lower your policy premium.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts are:
- GEICO may include discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, driver training, emergency military deployment, and air bags.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for safe vehicle, anti-theft, multiple vehicles, safe driver, company car, student away at school, and teen driver.
- American Family includes discounts for multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, air bags, defensive driver, and bundled insurance.
- Esurance discounts include renters, anti-theft, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, Switch & Save, and DriveSense.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, homeowner, online quote discount, and online signing.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, student away at school, driver's education, accident-free, and Drive Safe & Save.
- AAA has discounts for AAA membership discount, education and occupation, good driver, good student, anti-theft, multi-policy, and multi-car.
When quoting, ask every prospective company the best way to save money. Savings may not be available in Pittsburgh.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Pennsylvania. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$158||$270||$372||$22||$112||$934||$78|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$174||$332||$502||$30||$150||$1,188||$99|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$150||$304||$484||$28||$144||$1,110||$93|
|Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$512||$358||$22||$106||$1,218||$102|
|Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$244||$590||$390||$24||$116||$1,364||$114|
|Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$288||$506||$372||$22||$112||$1,300||$108|
|Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$274||$590||$390||$24||$116||$1,394||$116|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in specific zip code location which can affect premium rates greatly.
Hyundai Sonata insurance rates: Men versus women
The chart below compares Hyundai Sonata annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Six Things That Determine Your Insurance Costs
Many different elements are used when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, although others are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are. A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating your premiums. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower rates.
- Vehicle theft costs us all - Selecting a car model with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Theft prevention devices like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems help track and prevent car theft.
- Single vs. married - Having a wife or husband may save some money when buying auto insurance. It usually means you are more mature than a single person and insurance companies like that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Teenage drivers cost more - Older drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.Teenage drivers are known to be more careless in a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher.
- Continuous coverage saves money - Driving without insurance coverage in place is a misdemeanor and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance coverage expire. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may then be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Pennsylvania motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Performance impacts insurance costs - The make and model of the car you need insurance for makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. The cheapest insurance rates tend to be for lower cost passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly. Due to the fact that the Hyundai Sonata is considered a passenger car, insurance will be similar in price or lower as compared to the average rate in Pittsburgh.
- Safer cars mean better premiums - Safe vehicles can get you lower premiums. Safer cars reduce occupant injuries and fewer injuries translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates.
- Hyundai Sonata insurance loss data - Insurers analyze historical claim data when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher loss trends will have higher premium rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Hyundai Sonata vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Values that are 100 or less mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Hyundai Sonata Vehicles
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Sonata 129 88 101 138 149 110 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid 142 116 119 124 138 121
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Exclusive versus independent car insurance agents
Some people still like to talk to a local agent and that can be a great decision Good agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap rate quotes and also buy local. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is important especially in Pittsburgh.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will give you quotes to get your business. You don't have to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best provider should depend on more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Sonata, most banks will stipulate that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Hyundai for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Hyundai but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Affordable auto insurance rates are available
Cheap Hyundai Sonata insurance in Pittsburgh is definitely available on the web as well as from independent agents in Pittsburgh, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not provide online quoting and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
We just presented many tips how you can save on Hyundai Sonata insurance in Pittsburgh. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, unfair underwriting practices, delays in paying claims or delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching auto insurance companies can be pretty painless.
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V in Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)