Comparing and finding cheaper premium rates for auto insurance can be kind of frustrating for people not familiar with online rate comparisons. With so many agents and insurers available, it can quickly become a real challenge to find a more affordable company.
Statistics show that most auto insurance policyholders in Pennsylvania have been with the same company for over three years, and almost half have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers can save approximately $850 each year, but they just don't understand how much they could save if they switched.
It's important to take a look at other company's rates at least once a year because prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the lowest price on auto insurance a year ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you're about to learn the things you must know in order to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on auto insurance.
Auto insurance companies in Pennsylvania
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Pennsylvania. To get cheap auto insurance in Pennsylvania, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$1,140||$570||$95|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$1,300||$650||$108|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$1,104||$552||$92|
|Ford F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$950||$475||$79|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$974||$487||$81|
|GMC Sierra SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$916||$458||$76|
|Honda Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$962||$481||$80|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$664||$332||$55|
|Honda Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,454||$727||$121|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$774||$387||$65|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$1,190||$595||$99|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,190||$595||$99|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,142||$571||$95|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,212||$606||$101|
|Toyota Tacoma X-Runner 2WD||$1,062||$531||$89|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can influence premiums noticeably.
How accidents and violations affect rates
The information below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault fender-benders influence Honda Accord insurance costs for different age groups. The costs are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Honda Accord rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by gender and age in Monroeville
The information below visualizes the comparison of premium costs for male and female drivers in Monroeville. Data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in on a Hyundai Elantra Blue.
Hyundai Elantra rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Lower your auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance is expensive, but there may be some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain credits will be shown at the time of purchase, but some need to be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Own a Home - Just being a homeowner can save you money because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Military Deployment Discount - Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Telematics Data - Policyholders that allow driving data collection to analyze their driving habits remotely like Allstate's Drivewise may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Air Bag Discount - Options like air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Early Payment Discounts - By making one initial payment as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- College Student Discount - Any of your kids living away from Monroeville attending college and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn't make money that way. But any discount will help lower the amount you pay for coverage.
Some of the insurance companies that possibly offer these benefits may include but are not limited to:
Check with each company how many discounts you can get. Some credits might not be offered on policies in Monroeville. To find companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
Components of your insurance policy costs
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes some of the most common factors companies use to determine rates.
- Continuous auto insurance coverage saves money - Not maintaining insurance is a big no-no and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance expire. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Prices may be lower depending on your job - Occupations such as military personnel, social workers and accountants generally have higher average rates attributed to job stress and long work days. On the flip side, occupations like actors, athletes and the unemployed get better rates.
- Too many claims will drive prices up - If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Pennsylvania provide the best rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Poor credit decisions can cost you - Having a bad credit rating factor in determining your rates. So if your credit score is low, you could pay less to insure your vehicle by taking the time to improve your credit score. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with bad credit.
Are you falling for claims of savings?
Well-known insurance companies like State Farm and Allstate continually stream ads on TV and radio. All the ads state the claim that drivers can save some big amount after switching to their company. Is it even possible that every company can offer drivers better rates? You have to listen carefully.
Different companies quote their best rates for the type of customer that makes them money. A good example of this type of insured could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, has other policies, and chooses high deductibles. Any customer who fits those characteristics will get very good Monroeville car insurance rates and as a result will probably save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who fall short of this stringent profile must pay a more expensive rate which usually ends up with the customer not purchasing. Company advertisements say "customers who switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" save that much money. That is how insurance companies can confidently state the savings. Because every company is different, you should get price quotes at each policy renewal. It's just too difficult to predict with any certainty which company will have the best prices for your profile.
Don't give up on cheap premiums
Budget-conscious car insurance is attainable both online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not have rates over the internet and these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don't sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best cost.
We covered quite a bit of information on how to save on car insurance in Monroeville. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding cheap Monroeville auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
Additional detailed information can be found in these articles:
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Pennsylvania Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- How Much are Pennsylvania Auto Insurance Rates for Felons? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)