Are you tired of trying to find low-cost auto insurance rates in West Mifflin, PA? If you're trying to find cheaper insurance online, do you get frustrated by the dozens of auto insurance companies that you can choose from? Pennsylvania vehicle owners have so many companies available that it can really be a challenge to compare auto insurance rates on auto insurance. If you live there, you know that West Mifflin is a great city to live in, but having to pay for pricey auto insurance can make it hard for many drivers to affordably buy enough coverage.
Regrettably, about 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never compared quotes from other companies. Pennsylvania drivers could save approximately 55% every year, but they underestimate the actual amount they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Smart consumers take time to take a look at other company's rates periodically because auto insurance prices are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the lowest rate on auto insurance a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. You can find a lot of information about auto insurance online but in this article, you're going to get some tested techniques to find cheap auto insurance in West Mifflin.
Choosing the best insurance company for you in West Mifflin is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. If you currently have insurance, you will definitely be able to shop for the lowest rates using the ideas covered in this article. But Pennsylvania car owners do need to know how big insurance companies market insurance on the web.
The easiest way to get policy rate comparisons is to realize almost all companies participate in a system to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is give them rating details like an estimate of your credit level, whether you are married, level of coverage desired, and the type of vehicles you drive. Your details is instantly submitted to multiple different insurance companies and they return cost estimate instantly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in West Mifflin.
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in West Mifflin, PA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$1,108||$554||$92|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$1,068||$534||$89|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$988||$494||$82|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$1,458||$729||$122|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,472||$736||$123|
|GMC Sierra Denali Crew Cab 2WD||$1,190||$595||$99|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,306||$653||$109|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$874||$437||$73|
|Honda Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,172||$586||$98|
|Honda Odyssey EX||$1,230||$615||$103|
|Hyundai Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$1,080||$540||$90|
|Hyundai Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$912||$456||$76|
|Kia Optima SX||$894||$447||$75|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,444||$722||$120|
|Nissan Rogue S 2WD||$1,048||$524||$87|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,150||$575||$96|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,422||$711||$119|
|Toyota Tacoma X-Runner 2WD||$1,240||$620||$103|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in your specific West Mifflin location which can revise premium rates greatly.
Where to set your deductibles
The hardest decision when buying coverage is where should you set your physical damage deductibles. The tables below sum up the rate fluctuation of buying low and high insurance deductibles. The first pricing table uses a $100 deductible for comp and collision and the second price chart uses a $1,000 deductible.
Toyota Camry rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in specific West Mifflin garaging location which can influence coverage rates significantly.
Based on these figures, using a $100 deductible will cost in the ballpark of $35 more each month or $420 a year than quoting the higher $1,000 deductible. Because you would pay $900 more if you turn in a claim with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you normally go more than 26 months between claims, you would save money if you decide on a higher deductible.
Cost of full coverage
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Honda Accord premium costs with and without full coverage. The premiums assume no violations or accidents, $100 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied.
Honda Accord rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no set rule to delete full coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's say your Honda Accord book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying over $700 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not advised. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The diagram below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions influence Ford F-150 premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The premiums assume a married male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Ford F-150 rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Car insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Despite the high cost of buying insurance in West Mifflin, car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your vehicle at an extremely high rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also cover medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. Today the average American driver overpays more than $810 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Don't listen to company ads
Big name companies like Allstate and Progressive consistently run ads on television and other media. They all seem to state the claim about saving some big amount if you get a free West Mifflin auto insurance quote and switch your coverage. Is it even possible that every company can charge lower premium rates? Here is how they do it.
Most companies give the cheapest rates for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. For example, this type of driver could be over the age of 45, owns their home, and has a high credit rating. Any driver that matches those criteria will get the preferred premium rates in West Mifflin and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Insureds who do not meet this stringent profile may be required to pay higher prices which translates to the customer buying from a different company. The ads say "customers that switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" can save as much as they claim. That's the way companies can claim big savings. That is why drivers should compare free West Mifflin auto insurance quotes often. It's not possible to predict which car insurance company will have the best rates for your profile.
Lower your insurance rates with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there are discounts available that could help you make your next renewal payment. A few discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Payment Discounts - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Defensive Driving Course - Successfully completing a class that teaches driver safety techniques can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- ABS Brakes - Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Good Student - Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Memberships - Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your bill.
Please keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies aren't that generous.
Large insurance companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for good student, youthful driver, teen driver, alternative fuel, electronic funds transfer, and distant student.
- Esurance offers discounts for renters, emergency road assistance, multi-car, safety device, good student, good driver, and Switch & Save.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver's education, anti-theft, accident-free, and student away at school.
- GEICO may include discounts for daytime running lights, good student, seat belt use, air bags, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- Allstate discounts include 55 and retired, good payer, economy car, teenSMART discount, resident student, early signing, and anti-lock brakes.
Before buying, ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not be available in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies who offer discounts in West Mifflin, click this link.
What if I want to buy from local West Mifflin insurance agencies?
Some consumers just want to talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this simple form, your information gets sent to local insurance agents in West Mifflin who will return price quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. It's the lowest rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing a company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Is the agency active in community causes in West Mifflin?
- How are they compensated?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
If you want a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in West Mifflin are either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They usually cannot provide other company's prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes use the same agent mainly due to the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always contact several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. They often place coverage with companies you've never heard of which may have better rates.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When quoting and choosing coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are unique to you and your auto insurance should unique, too. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
If you're not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
More effort can pay off
Lower-priced insurance in West Mifflin is possible on the web and from local agencies, so you need to quote West Mifflin auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not provide online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to reduce insurance rates online in West Mifflin. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote West Mifflin auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting low cost West Mifflin auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company. Some small companies often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Additional insurance information can be read at these links:
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in State College, Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Pennsylvania Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Homeowners in Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Scranton, Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)