I doubt anyone enjoys paying for insurance, especially when they know it costs too dang much.
Unbelievable but true, the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never shopped around. American drivers could save themselves about $859 a year just by comparing rates, but they just don't understand how easy it is to shop around. Multiple auto insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a company to discover the definitive best price available on Chevy Cruze insurance in Erie.
If you have coverage now or are looking for a new policy, use these money-saving tips to find the best rates while maintaining coverages. Choosing the best rates in Erie is really not that difficult. Smart shoppers just need to learn the quickest way to compare prices from many different companies online.
Chevy Cruze insurance quotes comparison
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Erie, PA. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Cheaper Erie auto insurance rates with discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but some need to be inquired about prior to getting the savings. If you aren't receiving every discount possible, you are throwing money away.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying coverage for all your vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Professional Memberships - Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Erie can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Driver's Education for Students - Require your teen driver to enroll in driver's education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Early Signing - Some auto insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy before your current Cruze insurance policy expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Erie auto insurance online.
- ABS Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Homeowners Savings - Just owning your own home can help you save on auto insurance since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Anti-theft Discount - Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- 55 and Retired - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it's just not the way it works.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm discounts include safe vehicle, multiple policy, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, and good driver.
- American Family offers discounts including defensive driver, early bird, good student, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, air bags, and TimeAway discount.
- GEICO offers discounts for membership and employees, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, military active duty, and air bags.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, teen driver, 55 and older, homeowners, student driver, defensive driver, and air bags.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online signing.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Chevrolet Cruze rate quotes, ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above may not be available everywhere. To choose providers who offer free Chevy Cruze insurance quotes in Pennsylvania, click here to view.
Insuring your Cruze just makes sense
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Erie, insurance is required in Pennsylvania but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chevy, it's most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your Chevy. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone's situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Does my Chevy Cruze need full coverage?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
If you can't answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.
Compare prices but buy from a local Erie insurance agent
Many people prefer to have an agent's advice and that is a smart decision Professional insurance agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Erie.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area that can give you free Erie auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents as quotes are delivered to your email. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific company, you can always visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
When searching for a reputable agency, you should know the different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance policy providers can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it's a good idea to understand why they differ since it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies and you don't have to do anything.
When comparing auto insurance prices, it's a good idea to compare quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Erie that may be able to give free auto insurance quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only write with one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are unable to provide other company's prices so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their company's products which aids in selling service over price.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Erie willing to provide price quotes.
Finding the right auto insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. Any agent in Erie should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?