Do you think you bought overpriced Ford F-150 insurance in Philadelphia? Trust us, many consumers are feeling buyer's remorse and feel like there's no way out.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that nearly 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. Drivers in Philadelphia could save approximately $700 every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they won't spend time to shop their coverage around.
Lots of auto insurance companies contend for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a company and get the definite lowest rate on Ford F-150 insurance in Philadelphia.
Just remember that making a lot of price comparisons will enable you to find the best price.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Pennsylvania. To locate the cheapest auto insurance in Pennsylvania, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$246||$330||$330||$20||$98||$1,024||$85|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$212||$398||$428||$26||$128||$1,192||$99|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$190||$346||$372||$22||$112||$1,042||$87|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$242||$484||$398||$24||$120||$1,268||$106|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$282||$420||$432||$26||$130||$1,290||$108|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$196||$292||$310||$18||$92||$908||$76|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$314||$518||$444||$26||$134||$1,436||$120|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$202||$326||$398||$24||$120||$1,070||$89|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$178||$292||$372||$22||$112||$976||$81|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$250||$406||$398||$24||$120||$1,198||$100|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$198||$300||$316||$18||$94||$926||$77|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$180||$222||$432||$26||$130||$990||$83|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$218||$346||$372||$22||$112||$1,070||$89|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$320||$420||$330||$20||$98||$1,188||$99|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$178||$222||$330||$20||$98||$848||$71|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$182||$242||$316||$18||$94||$852||$71|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$224||$390||$428||$26||$128||$1,196||$100|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$250||$434||$316||$18||$94||$1,112||$93|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$288||$428||$330||$20||$98||$1,164||$97|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$180||$286||$310||$18||$92||$886||$74|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$246||$442||$372||$22||$112||$1,194||$100|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$234||$346||$330||$20||$98||$1,028||$86|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$274||$502||$372||$22||$112||$1,282||$107|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$354||$630||$444||$26||$134||$1,588||$132|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$260||$426||$444||$26||$134||$1,290||$108|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$234||$408||$330||$20||$98||$1,090||$91|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$328||$506||$432||$26||$130||$1,422||$119|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$246||$494||$346||$20||$104||$1,210||$101|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$356||$622||$444||$26||$134||$1,582||$132|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$226||$318||$432||$26||$130||$1,132||$94|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$192||$312||$336||$20||$100||$960||$80|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can lower or raise rates substantially.
Premiums by gender and age
The diagram below shows the comparison of Ford F-150 car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
How high should deductibles be?
The diagram below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Ford F-150 annual premium costs for different categories of driver ages. Data assumes a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Don't neglect these discounts on Ford F-150 insurance in Philadelphia
Companies don't always publicize every available discount very clearly, so here is a list some of the best known as well as some of the hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Philadelphia car insurance online. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount possible, you are just wasting money.
- Drivers Education - It's a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver's education if offered at their school.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Online Discount - Many insurance companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application over the internet.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some car insurance companies provide a discount for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking time to complete a defensive driving course could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
Please keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
Larger car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for passive restraint, accident-free, defensive driving training, good student, and student away at school.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for bundle discounts, multi-car, electronic funds transfer, switch companies, and good student.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, and online signing.
- GEICO offers discounts including membership and employees, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, and seat belt use.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for mature driver, teen driver, student away at school, multiple vehicles, company car, and paid in full.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include air bag, good student, bundle, driver training, vehicle fuel type, and anti-theft.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for 55 and retired, youthful driver, driver training, safe driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and renewal discount.
- USAA discounts include loyalty savings, multi-vehicle, safe driver, new vehicle, annual mileage, and good student.
It's a good idea to ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in Philadelphia. To see insurance companies who offer cheap Ford F-150 insurance quotes in Philadelphia, click this link.
How Your F-150 Insurance Prices are Determined
Many factors are used when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, although some other factors are more transparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating. It's important that you understand the rating factors that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower insurance prices.
- Improve your credit score - An insured's credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Insureds that have excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower ratings. If your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Ford F-150 by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Cheaper rates with high coverage deductibles - The deductibles you choose define the amount you are required to pay if the claim is covered. Insurance for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply would be colliding with a stationary object, collision with a deer, and damage caused by road hazards. The more damage repair cost you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- What type of vehicle do you drive? - The make and model of the car or truck you own makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. The best insurance prices are generally reserved for small economy passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors. Since the Ford F-150 is a pickup truck, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price compared to average rates in Philadelphia.
- Does your vocation raise your prices? - Careers like real estate brokers, business owners and accountants tend to have the highest rates because of stressful work requirements and long work days. Other occupations such as professors, students and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
- Older drivers save more - Inexperience drivers are proven to be inattentive when driving with friends and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. If you've ever had to add a teenage driver onto your insurance can be quite pricey. Older drivers are shown to be more cautious, statistically cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
- Ford F-150 insurance claim data - Insurers include the past claim history for a vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that historically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher rates. The table below illustrates the insurance loss data for Ford F-150 vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentages above 100 point to more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
Ford F-150 Insurance Loss Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford F-150 SuperCab 4WD 67 110 39 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2WD 42 93 72 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4WD 75 76 101 56 57 76
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to have guidance from a local insurance agent
Many people still like to buy from a local agent and that is a smart decision One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain the best rates and also buy local. And buying from local agents is important particularly in Philadelphia.
By using this simple form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Philadelphia that provide free Philadelphia car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't even need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an provider needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- What companies can they write with?
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to buying coverage online or from an agent, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every insured's situation is different and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent's assistance.
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Am I covered by my employer's commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Am I covered by my spouse's policy after a separation?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Pennsylvania minimum liability coverage?
- When should I not file a claim?
If you can't answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Quote more and you will save more
Discount Ford F-150 insurance in Philadelphia is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood Philadelphia agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not offer price quotes online and usually these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
While you're price shopping online, it's not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
More learning opportunities
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Pennsylvania Car Insurance Quotes for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in York, Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)