Are you tired of overpaying and want the cheapest Ford Escape insurance in Allentown? Locating the cheapest Allentown Ford Escape insurance quotes online is intimidating for people that are relatively new to comparing prices online. When there are so many companies competing online, how can people effectively compare all the different companies and get the best pricing?
Inconceivable but true, the majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and roughly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Consumers in Allentown could save themselves 55% a year, but they don't want to take the time to compare rate quotes online.
All major insurance companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive give price estimates online. Comparing Ford Escape insurance rates online can be done by anyone as all you need to do is type in the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. Once you submit the form, their quoting system sends out for your driving and credit reports and generates a price based on many factors.
This makes comparing rates easy, and it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible in order to get cheap insurance pricing.
To compare pricing, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you enter the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. This way, you will have a fair comparison using the exact same coverages.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Allentown, PA. To get cheap auto insurance in Pennsylvania, we suggest you visit several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$214||$346||$286||$16||$86||$948||$79|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$134||$254||$338||$20||$102||$848||$71|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$138||$236||$264||$16||$78||$732||$61|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$154||$254||$338||$20||$102||$868||$72|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$244||$398||$364||$22||$108||$1,136||$95|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$236||$346||$366||$22||$110||$1,080||$90|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle location which can modify auto insurance rates greatly.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The chart below illustrates the difference between Ford Escape auto insurance rates with and without full coverage. The rate quotes are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no definitive rule to drop full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's say your Ford Escape settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $5,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $500 a year for full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
Verify you're getting every discount
Auto insurance companies don't necessarily list every disount available very clearly, so the below list has some of the more common as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Allentown car insurance online.
- Paper-free Discount - A few larger companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy on the web.
- Life Insurance Discount - Larger insurance companies have a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discount for Good Grades - A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Military Rewards - Being deployed in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- College Student - College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Allentown without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Low Miles Discount - Fewer annual miles on your Ford could earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Drive Safe and Save - Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Drivers Education - Require your teen driver to successfully take a driver's education course if offered at their school.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
To see a list of insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Pennsylvania, click here.
Car insurance in Pennsylvania serves several purposes
Despite the high cost, buying car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability in order to be legal. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford has a lienholder, most banks will require that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford at a much higher rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Escape definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to save money.
Do I need an agent?
Many drivers just prefer to have an agent's advice and that can be a great decision A good thing about comparing auto insurance online is you may find lower rates but also keep your business local. And buying from local agents is still important in Allentown.
Once you complete this short form, the quote information is submitted to participating agents in Allentown that give free quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Shown below are Allentown auto insurance companies that are able to give rate quotes for Ford Escape insurance in Allentown.
- Frank Armetta - State Farm® Insurance Agent
1501 Sumner Ave - Allentown, PA 18102 - (610) 351-2333 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Debora L Sigler Insurance Agency, LLC
6750 Iroquois Trail Ste 3 - Allentown, PA 18104 - (610) 395-6100 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Cynthia Garcia
1620 Hamilton St #104 - Allentown, PA 18102 - (610) 924-7177 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Joseph Heydt
704 W Emmaus Ave - Allentown, PA 18103 - (610) 791-9800 - View Map
Finding the right insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
Upon receiving good responses to any questions you have and a good coverage price, you've probably found an insurance company that is reputable and can adequately provide auto insurance. But remember, once you purchase a policy you can terminate your policy any time you want so don't think that you're stuck with any specific agency for the entire policy term.