Are you tired of sacrificing other expenses to keep your car insured? You are no different than millions of other people.
A recent survey discovered that a large majority of drivers have been with the same company for well over three years, and nearly the majority have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. Erie consumers could save approximately 55% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they think it's difficult to find cheaper auto insurance rates.
Multiple insurers compete to insure your vehicles, so it's not easy to compare every insurance company to find the absolute lowest rate possible on Dodge Ram insurance in Erie.
It is always a good idea to compare premium rates every six months due to the fact that insurance prices change frequently. Just because you had the lowest quotes on Dodge Ram insurance in Erie a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. You'll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about Ram insurance out there, but you can learn some solid techniques on how to put money back in your pocket.
If you have auto insurance now, you should be able to cut your premiums using this information. Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Erie is not rocket science. But Pennsylvania drivers must know the way companies market on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
When looking for cheaper Erie car insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to get quotes from many available car insurance companies in Pennsylvania. The easiest way by far to find the lowest rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Getting price quotes online is very simple and it makes it a waste of time to actually drive to insurance agents' offices. Comparing Dodge Ram insurance rates online has reduced the need for local agents unless your situation requires the professional assistance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. It is possible to compare online quotes and get advice from an agent in your area.
Just keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding a better price. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide rate quotes online, so you also need to get price quotes from them as well.
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in Pennsylvania. If you want cheap auto insurance in Pennsylvania, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$154||$254||$450||$26||$134||$1,018||$85|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$224||$390||$484||$28||$144||$1,270||$106|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$288||$428||$372||$22||$112||$1,222||$102|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$222||$356||$350||$20||$104||$1,052||$88|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$314||$588||$450||$26||$134||$1,512||$126|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$246||$424||$350||$20||$104||$1,144||$95|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$138||$230||$358||$22||$106||$854||$71|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$182||$294||$358||$22||$106||$962||$80|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$224||$390||$484||$28||$144||$1,270||$106|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$250||$460||$484||$28||$144||$1,366||$114|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$180||$292||$384||$22||$114||$992||$83|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$192||$312||$380||$22||$114||$1,020||$85|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$226||$318||$488||$28||$146||$1,206||$101|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$310||$494||$380||$22||$114||$1,320||$110|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$250||$460||$484||$28||$144||$1,366||$114|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$254||$468||$450||$26||$134||$1,332||$111|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$396||$742||$502||$30||$150||$1,820||$152|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$356||$622||$502||$30||$150||$1,660||$138|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$192||$358||$380||$22||$114||$1,066||$89|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$154||$310||$358||$22||$106||$950||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in specific Erie garaging location which can influence premiums greatly.
Car insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The information below demonstrates how traffic citations and accident claims impact Dodge Ram car insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
The diagram below illustrates how your deductible choice and can change Dodge Ram premium costs for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Comparison of car insurance rates by gender
The example below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Ram insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no claims or driving violations, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Score discounts to get cheaper Erie insurance quotes
Some providers don't list every possible discount very well, so we researched a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Bundle and Save - If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Seat Belts Save - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Accident Waiver - Not really a discount, but certain companies may permit one accident before your rates go up if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
- Drive Safe and Save - Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Erie car insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- ABS Brakes - Cars equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Erie Homeowners Pay Less - Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- No Claim Discounts - Erie drivers who stay claim-free pay less as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- Senior Citizens - Older drivers may be able to get lower premium rates.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some larger companies reward drivers for switching companies early. You can save around 10% with this discount.
Please keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don't profit that way. Any amount of discount will cut your policy premium.
To view companies that offer some of these discounts in Pennsylvania, click this link.
Why you need insurance for your Dodge vehicle
Even though Erie Ram insurance rates can get expensive, buying car insurance is required in Pennsylvania but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Dodge Ram, almost every bank will require that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Car insurance protects your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Ram definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Erie is wasting up to $800 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Which is the best insurance?
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no "best" method to buy coverage. Everyone's situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Dodge Ram?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Erie?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form.
Insurance agents are trained to help
Some consumers just want to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Erie who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to compare prices from one company in particular, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best company should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- If they are an independent agency in Erie, which companies do they recommend?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
Exclusive and independent Erie car insurance agents
When researching a reliable insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies from which to choose. Auto insurance policy providers are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These agents are contracted to one company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. These agents receive extensive training on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below are Erie exclusive agencies that are able to give price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not locked into one company so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier which makes it simple for you. When comparing auto insurance rates, you will definitely want to get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison.
Below are independent agents in Erie willing to provide price quote information.
First Choice Insurance
1224 W 38th St - Erie, PA 16508 - (814) 866-6000 - View Map