Trying to find lower-priced Honda Accord insurance in Pittsburgh? Have you finally had enough of not being able to afford to make your car insurance payment? Your situation is no different than many other Pennsylvania drivers.
Unimaginable but true, almost 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared car insurance rates at all. With the average premium in Pennsylvania being $1,400, drivers could pocket 55% a year, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to compare rates online.
Numerous car insurance companies battle for your hard-earned dollar, so it's not easy to compare every insurance company and uncover the absolute lowest price on Honda Accord insurance in Pittsburgh.
If you have a current car insurance policy, you will be able to shop for the lowest rates using the ideas you're about to read. Buying affordable car insurance in Pittsburgh can be much easier if you know how to start. Nevertheless, Pennsylvania car owners should learn how insurance companies market on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
Most of the larger companies give coverage prices on the web. Getting Honda Accord insurance prices online is fairly straightforward as you just type in your coverage information into the form. Once you submit the form, the company's rating system will obtain your credit score and driving record and returns a price. Quoting online for Honda Accord insurance in Pittsburgh makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is important to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for affordable car insurance pricing.
In order to find out how much you're overpaying now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you copy the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. This makes sure you will have an apples-to-apples comparison for exact coverage.
The following companies are ready to provide quotes in Pennsylvania. If you want cheap car insurance in Pennsylvania, we recommend you visit several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$154||$292||$316||$18||$94||$874||$73|
|Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$236||$476||$364||$22||$108||$1,206||$101|
|Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$224||$386||$288||$18||$86||$1,002||$84|
|Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$252||$352||$366||$22||$110||$1,102||$92|
|Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$212||$398||$364||$22||$108||$1,104||$92|
|Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$196||$356||$264||$16||$78||$910||$76|
|Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$198||$460||$484||$28||$144||$1,314||$110|
|Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$244||$620||$420||$24||$126||$1,434||$120|
|Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$354||$742||$502||$30||$150||$1,778||$148|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can lower or raise auto insurance rates significantly.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The chart below shows how violations and fender-benders can affect Honda Accord auto insurance costs for each age group. The prices are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Auto insurance companies don't always advertise every disount available in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on car insurance. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn slightly better rates than normal.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Insuring multiple vehicles with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Government Employee Discount - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease with some car insurance companies.
- New Car Discount - Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking a course teaching driver safety skills could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Car insurance companies that may offer these benefits are:
It's a good idea to ask all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
How Insurance Providers Determine Honda Accord Insurance Rates
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like your driving record, but some are less obvious such as your marital status or how safe your car is. When buying auto insurance it's important to understand the factors that go into determining your auto insurance rates. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower rates.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine your premiums.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed - There are a ton of extra coverages you can purchase on your Accord policy. Coverages like rental car coverage, towing coverage, and extra equipment coverage are examples of these. The coverages may be enticing when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- A good credit rating can save money - Having a bad credit history can be a huge factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit score can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your Honda Accord by improving your rating. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- High coverage deductibles lower premiums - The deductibles you choose define how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your auto insurance pays a claim. Insurance for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims would be a windshield broken by a bird, hail damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Claim-free discounts can add up - If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you shouldn't be surprised to get either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance companies in Pennsylvania generally give lower rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is intended for larger claims.
- Optional features that cut premiums - Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder auto theft.
- Careless drivers pay higher rates - Having just one chargable violation can bump up the cost substantially. Good drivers receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. People who have flagrant tickets such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Honda Accord insurance loss statistics - Car insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that historically have higher loss trends will have increased rates.
The table below outlines the compiled insurance loss statistics for Honda Accord vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is equal to 100. Numbers that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentages above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Honda Accord Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Accord 91 85 90 122 117 94 Honda Accord Hybrid 96 80 98 89 76 84 Honda Accord Crosstour 4dr 2WD 85 97 83 122 113 94 Honda Accord Crosstour 4dr 4WD 99 102 94 120 93
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Neighborhood agents and auto insurance
A small number of people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from small agencies is still important in Pittsburgh.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Pittsburgh who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
When looking for a local insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies to choose from. Pittsburgh agents are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not locked into one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and you don't have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, it's a good idea to compare prices from independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Featured below is a short list of independent agents in Pittsburgh who may provide cheap rate quotes.
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot provide other company's prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are well trained in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Pittsburgh willing to provide price quotes.
Finding the right car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Pennsylvania?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
Shop around and save
You just read some good ideas how you can reduce Honda Accord insurance rates online in Pittsburgh. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Budget-friendly insurance in Pittsburgh is possible on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not provide internet price quotes and many times these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don't be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an insured cut liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Additional insurance information can be found at these links:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Retired Military in Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female in Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Bethlehem, PA? (FAQ)
- How Much are Pennsylvania Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Accord in Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)