How long has it been since you compared low-cost Chevy Equinox insurance in Pittsburgh? Trying to come up with a payment for high-priced car insurance can draw down your budget, especially in this economy. Doing a rate comparison can lower your rates and help to lower your bills every month.
Astonishing but true, most consumers in Pennsylvania have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and just under half have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers could save themselves $859 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't believe the actual amount they would save if they just switched companies.
You have multiple insurers to insure vehicles with, and even though it's nice to have multiple companies, lots of choices makes it harder to compare rates and find the lowest cost car insurance.
We hope to familiarize you with the most effective ways to compare rates and how you can save the most money. If you have a current car insurance policy, you will be able to find better prices using the following tips. But Pennsylvania car owners do need to know how companies determine premium rates.
Companies offering cheap Chevy Equinox rates in Pittsburgh, PA
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. To buy the best cheap car insurance in Pennsylvania, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Equinox LS 2WD||$144||$248||$340||$20||$102||$854||$71|
|Equinox LT 2WD||$122||$230||$316||$18||$94||$780||$65|
|Equinox LS AWD||$282||$528||$444||$26||$134||$1,414||$118|
|Equinox LT AWD||$162||$294||$316||$18||$94||$884||$74|
|Equinox LTZ 2WD||$250||$512||$316||$18||$94||$1,190||$99|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$310||$590||$336||$20||$100||$1,356||$113|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$152||$312||$372||$22||$112||$970||$81|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in specific garaging location which can change coverage rates noticeably.
Car insurance rates by gender and age in Pittsburgh
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Chevrolet Equinox insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no accidents or driving violations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Should you raise deductibles?
The information below demonstrates how deductible levels and can influence Chevrolet Equinox yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance rate increases from tickets or accidents
The information below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can increase Chevrolet Equinox insurance prices for different ages of insureds. The rates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Take advantage of these money saving discounts
Auto insurance companies don't always advertise every disount available very well, so we took the time to find both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn cheaper prices.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning your own home or condo can save you money because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Good Grades Discount - Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not really a discount, but some companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO will forgive one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Distant College Student Discount - Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Active Military Service - Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given the the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it's just not the way it works.
Some of the insurance companies that may have most of the discounts above possibly include:
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in Pittsburgh. To choose providers who offer discounts in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
Why You Might Pay Inflated Rates in Pittsburgh
Many different elements are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, although some other factors are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
The list below includes some of the things companies use to determine your rate level.
- Raise physical damage deductibles and save - Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Some coverage claims are a dented fender, damage from fire, and burglary. Comp and collision deductibles are the amount of money you are required to pay if you file a covered claim. The more expense you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Marriage can lower costs - Getting married can get you a discount on your car insurance policy. Having a spouse may mean you are less irresponsible and it's proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Is insurance cheaper for men or women? - Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women have fender benders in similar numbers, but guys cause more damage. Men also statistically get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
- Don't skimp on liability insurance - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the protection if you are responsible for personal injury or accident damage. This coverage provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Chevy Equinox statistical loss data - Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to help determine the price you pay. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher losses will cost more for specific coverages. The next table shows the insurance loss data for Chevy Equinox vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole is set at 100. Numbers under 100 indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 point to more losses or tendancy to have larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chevrolet Equinox Vehicles
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Equinox 4dr 2WD 82 86 74 101 104 93 Chevrolet Equinox 4dr 4WD 84 88 85 89 93 81
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there really is not a "best" method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving someone else's vehicle?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Chevy Equinox?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Buying from car insurance agents
A lot of people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for local agencies is important especially in Pittsburgh.
Once you complete this simple form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents in Pittsburgh that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
When researching a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents to choose from. Agencies in Pittsburgh may be either independent or exclusive.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are not required to write business for one company and that allows them to write policies through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to do anything.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to get quotes from multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Pittsburgh that may be able to give you comparison quotes.
These agents generally can only insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Pittsburgh that are able to give price quote information.
Selecting a insurance agent should include more criteria than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- How are claims handled?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Pittsburgh?
Ads can be misleading
Popular insurance providers such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm constantly bombard you with ads on television and other media. All the ads advertise claims that you'll save big just by moving your policy. How does each company charge less that you're paying now?
Many companies have specific guidelines for the type of driver that will not have excessive claims. An example of this type of driver might be over the age of 50, carries high limits, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any driver who matches that profile will get very good Pittsburgh car insurance rates and therefore will save when switching.
Consumers who fall short of the ideal profile may receive a higher rate which results in the customer not purchasing. The trick companies use is to say "drivers that switch" not "everybody who quotes" will save that much if they switch. That's the way insurance companies can confidently make claims that they all have the best premium rates.
This illustrates why it's extremely important to compare price quotes frequently. It is impossible to predict the company that will have the best car insurance rates at this point in time.
Quote more to save more
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including high prices, questionable increases in premium, policy non-renewal or delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
We've covered a lot of information how to compare Chevy Equinox insurance prices in Pittsburgh. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Pittsburgh car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
Some companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers sell through local independent agents. Lower-priced auto insurance in Pittsburgh is definitely available from both online companies in addition to many Pittsburgh insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Additional auto insurance information is available on the following sites:
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Pennsylvania Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Municipality of Monr, PA? (FAQ)
- How Much are Pennsylvania Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers in Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for State Employees in Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Accord in Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Pennsylvania Car Insurance Rates for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)