How many times have you put off comparing quotes for lower-priced car insurance rates in Phoenixville, PA? Phoenixville buyers have lots of choices when searching for low-cost car insurance. They can either spend hours calling around trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare car insurance rates so we're going to tell you the proper way to price shop coverage for your and locate the lowest price.
Shocking but true, most car insurance buyers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and nearly half have never compared car insurance rates at all. Most drivers in Pennsylvania could save themselves approximately $690 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don't grasp the big savings they would realize if they switched to a more affordable policy.
It's smart to get comparison quotes before your policy renews because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you think you had the lowest rates on car insurance at your last renewal you can probably find a lower rate today. There are a lot of ways to save on car insurance online, but in this article, you're going to get some of the best ways to lower your car insurance premiums.
The quickest method we recommend to compare car insurance rates utilizes the fact almost all companies participate in online systems to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is provide details like if you went to college, the ages of drivers, whether or not you need a SR-22, and your general credit rating. The data is sent automatically to insurance companies and they provide comparison quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To compare multiple company rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Phoenixville, PA. If your goal is to find the best cheap auto insurance in Pennsylvania, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Malibu LTZ||$1,422||$711||$119|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$940||$470||$78|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$1,210||$605||$101|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$918||$459||$77|
|Ford F-150 FX2 2WD||$886||$443||$74|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,090||$545||$91|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,034||$517||$86|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$884||$442||$74|
|Honda Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$1,228||$614||$102|
|Hyundai Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$1,472||$736||$123|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$918||$459||$77|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,056||$528||$88|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,240||$620||$103|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$922||$461||$77|
|Volkswagen Jetta S 2.5 Station Wagon||$1,202||$601||$100|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in specific location information which can change prices significantly.
Where to set your deductibles
One of the hardest decisions when shopping for auto insurance is at what level do you set your deductibles. The rates shown below can help you understand how much more rates are when you select higher and lower insurance deductibles. The first pricing table uses a $100 physical damage deductible and the second pricing table uses a $1,000 deductible.
Toyota Camry rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in garaging location in Phoenixville which can decrease or increase premium rates substantially.
Based on the data above, we can derive that using a $100 deductible will cost you roughly $35 more each month or $420 annually than selecting the higher $1,000 deductible. Due to the fact that you would have to pay $900 more if you turn in a claim with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you normally average at a minimum 26 months between claim filings, you would save more money if you opt for a higher deductible.
Safe drivers pay cheaper rates
The illustration below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents raise Honda Accord auto insurance rates for different age groups. The premiums assume a single male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Honda Accord rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Analysis of deductible levels
The diagram below illustrates how your deductible choice and can impact Ford Escape insurance premiums for different age groups. The data is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
Ford Escape rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Auto insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Companies offering auto insurance don't always publicize all their discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available.
- College Student - Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Drivers Education - Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver's education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Early Switch Discount - Select larger companies give a discount for switching to them prior to your current policy expiration. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Driving fewer miles could qualify for discounted auto insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This isn't a discount exactly, but certain companies will let one accident slide before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because you may think it's possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
To choose insurance companies with the best discounts in Pennsylvania, click this link.
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in Pennsylvania
Despite the potentially high cost of auto insurance, paying for auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost every bank will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your vehicle at a much higher rate and require you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your vehicle as the result of the weather or an accident, your auto insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying auto insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in Pennsylvania is wasting up to $869 every year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
You may need specialized insurance coverage
Always remember that when buying proper insurance coverage, there really isn't a perfect coverage plan. Every insured's situation is different and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else's vehicle?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Am I covered by my spouse's policy after a separation?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Get rate quotes but still have a local neighborhood Phoenixville car insurance agent
Many people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Most agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is that you can find cheap auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Phoenixville.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you instantly. If you want to quote rates from a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agencies in Phoenixville can be described as either exclusive or independent. Both types can insure your vehicles properly, but it's important to point out how they are different since it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents often have many company appointments so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies and you won't have to switch agencies. If you need lower rates, you definitely need to include several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also have access to smaller mutual companies which can save you money.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only place business with one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent mainly due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Picking an insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Is there a local claims center in Phoenixville?
If you get good answers to any questions you may have and an acceptable price quote, you may have just found a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles.