Expensive auto insurance in Carlisle can bottom out your bank account and possibly require postponing other expenditures. Performing a rate comparison is a great way to ensure you are getting the best deal.
It's shocking but over 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Pennsylvania drivers can save roughly $700 each year, but they just feel it's too hard to find affordable insurance by shopping around.
Numerous car insurance companies battle for your insurance dollar, so it's not easy to compare every company and get the definite lowest price on auto insurance.
If you're already insured, you will be able to save money using this information. Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Carlisle is much easier if you have a good place to start. Although Pennsylvania consumers must understand how big insurance companies determine how much to charge and use it to your advantage.
Take advantage of every car insurance discount
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many consumers don't even know exist. A few discounts will be applied when you purchase, but some need to be inquired about before they will apply.
- Discount for New Cars - Putting insurance on a new car can save you some money because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Driver Training Discounts - Passing a class that teaches safe driver techniques could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Discount for Swiching Early - A few larger companies give discounts for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Payment Discounts - If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Drive Safe and Save - Drivers who don't get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
- College Student Discount - Kids living away from Carlisle attending college and don't have a car could get you a discount.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Buying a policy with more than one vehicle with the same car insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
Keep in mind that some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like it's possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your policy premium.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Pennsylvania, click here to view.
To find cheaper prices, there are a couple of ways to obtain and compare prices from local Carlisle car insurance companies. The easiest way to compare rates is to jump online and get quotes.
Comparing price quotes online is fast and free, and it replaces the need to make phone calls or go to and from local Carlisle insurance agencies. Quoting car insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless you want the professional assistance that only a licensed agent can provide. Although, it is possible comparison shop online but buy the policy through an agent. It's important to know that more quotes will enable you to find a better price. Some smaller insurers do not give online quotes, so you should also compare price quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies in the list below offer price quotes in Carlisle, PA. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Pennsylvania, it's a good idea that you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD||$1,170||$585||$98|
|Chevrolet Impala LT||$968||$484||$81|
|Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid||$1,036||$518||$86|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$1,234||$617||$103|
|Dodge Grand Caravan CV||$1,320||$660||$110|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$1,176||$588||$98|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$1,194||$597||$100|
|Ford F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$1,230||$615||$103|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,306||$653||$109|
|GMC Sierra Denali Crew Cab 2WD||$1,148||$574||$96|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,170||$585||$98|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$840||$420||$70|
|Honda Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,544||$772||$129|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$1,108||$554||$92|
|Kia Optima EX||$992||$496||$83|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,082||$541||$90|
|Toyota Camry SE||$936||$468||$78|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,024||$512||$85|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$884||$442||$74|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can decrease or increase rates substantially.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The example below demonstrates how traffic citations and fender-benders increase Honda Pilot car insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The information is based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Honda Pilot rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Rate comparison of male drivers versus female drivers
The illustration below shows the comparison of insurance premiums for male and female drivers in Carlisle. The costs are based on no accidents or driving violations, full coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in on a Nissan Sentra 2.0 SR.
Nissan Sentra rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Premium influencing factors
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you lower premium levels.
- Men pay higher rates - Statistics have proven females are less aggressive when driving. That doesn't necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Men and women are in auto accidents in similar numbers, but males have accidents that have higher claims. They also receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Youthful male drivers cause the most accidents so it costs more to insure them.
- Insurance rates are higher for high performance vehicles - The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you own makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. Low performance passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- With age comes responsibility - Older insureds are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable.Youthful drivers tend to be more careless behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Remove unneeded extra coverages - There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that you can buy if you aren't diligent. Things like rental car coverage, towing coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so get rid of them and save.
- Your location is a factor - Choosing to live in areas with lower population can save you money when shopping for auto insurance. City drivers have congested traffic and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to lower liability claims
- Liability claims can be big - The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. It will provide for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
You may want advice from a local insurance agent
Many people still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision The best thing about getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Carlisle.
By using this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to companies in Carlisle who will return price quotes for your business. You won't need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to the email address you provide. Get lower rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a particular provider, just navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best insurer needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Carlisle?
Why insurance is not optional
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a vehicle in Carlisle, paying for insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, most lenders will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your vehicle for a lot more money and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare rates at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Be persistent and save
As you quote Carlisle car insurance, don't be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to lower your car insurance rates in Carlisle. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with the smaller companies. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has Affordable Pennsylvania Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Allentown, PA? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)