Getting the lowest price quotes over the internet is challenging for people who are beginners to quoting and online price comparisons. With such a large choice of companies competing online, how are people able to even start to compare the different rates to find the cheapest price possible?
Astonishing but true, about 70% of customers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Consumers in Pennsylvania can save up to $690 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue how much savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
To find low cost Murrysville auto insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare prices from local Murrysville car insurance companies. By far the easiest way to find competitive insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online. When quoting car insurance, remember that comparing a large number of companies provides better odds of finding a lower rate than you're paying now.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide price quotes in Murrysville, PA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD||$934||$467||$78|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$1,422||$711||$119|
|Dodge Grand Caravan CV||$926||$463||$77|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$1,366||$683||$114|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$870||$435||$73|
|Ford F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$938||$469||$78|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$978||$489||$82|
|GMC Sierra SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$970||$485||$81|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$980||$490||$82|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$836||$418||$70|
|Honda Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$1,524||$762||$127|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$1,414||$707||$118|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$1,214||$607||$101|
|Mazda 3 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$990||$495||$83|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,190||$595||$99|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,208||$604||$101|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,112||$556||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in zip code location which can modify premiums significantly.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Nissan Sentra insurance prices for different categories of driver ages. The data is based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Nissan Sentra rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The diagram below illustrates how violations and at-fault claims impact Honda Accord insurance costs for each different age category. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Honda Accord rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
You may qualify for discounts
Auto insurance companies don't always list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning a house in Murrysville can save you money because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Murrysville auto insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Multi-line Discount - Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted insurance rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- 55 and Retired - Drivers over the age of 55 can get reduced rates.
- Low Mileage - Low mileage vehicles could qualify for substantially lower insurance rates.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Policy Bundle Discount - When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with one insurance company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Employee of Federal Government - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Murrysville auto insurance with a few insurance companies.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies aren't that generous.
A few companies that may offer some of the discounts shown above include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies the best way to save money. Discounts may not be available in Murrysville. To choose insurers that offer multiple discounts in Pennsylvania, click this link.
Buying car insurance from Murrysville auto insurance agents
Some people just want to get advice from a local agent and that is not a bad decision One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find lower premium rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting small agencies is important particularly in Murrysville.
By using this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best provider shouldn't rely on just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Murrysville?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
Upon getting satisfactory answers to these questions as well as a affordable price, you've probably found an provider that is professional and can service your policy.
Insurance can get complicated
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a best way to insure your cars. Every insured's situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- What can I do if my company won't pay a claim?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- What is glass protection for?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form.
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a vehicle in Murrysville, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost every bank will force you to have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your vehicle at a more expensive rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying auto insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Murrysville overpays more than $869 every year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Coverages available on your auto insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Liability insurance - This coverage can cover damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn't cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have values of 15/30/5 which stand for a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for things such as pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but it's cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Pennsylvania state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
Collision - This coverage pays for damage to your vehicle resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims like rolling your car, colliding with a tree, damaging your car on a curb, scraping a guard rail and hitting a parking meter. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance - Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when the "other guys" either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants as well as your vehicle's damage.
Due to the fact that many Pennsylvania drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Pennsylvania limits are 15/30/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Most of the time these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) - Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as vandalism, a broken windshield, damage from flooding and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle's value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Insurance for medical payments - Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for things like pain medications, nursing services, hospital visits, surgery and doctor visits. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Lower rates by being persistent
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an insured cut collision coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Murrysville can be sourced from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Murrysville auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
You just learned a lot of ways to save on car insurance in Murrysville. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding cheap Murrysville auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
Additional car insurance information is located below:
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Easton, Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Bethel Park, PA? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pennsylvania Auto Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Pennsylvania Auto Insurance Rates for Felons? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for High School Students in Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)