Want to learn how to save money and find lower-priced insurance rates in Easton, PA? Have you finally had enough of scraping the payment together to make your insurance payment? Your situation is no different than millions of other drivers.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that most consumers have bought insurance from the same company for four years or more, and just under half have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Easton insurance shoppers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they don't want to take the time to compare rates.
Insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive promote their brand names with catchy ads and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the flashy ads and take the time to shop coverage around.
Auto insurance companies in Pennsylvania
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Easton, PA. If you wish to find the best cheap car insurance in Pennsylvania, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$848||$424||$71|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$1,332||$666||$111|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$818||$409||$68|
|Ford F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$882||$441||$74|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$964||$482||$80|
|Ford Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,366||$683||$114|
|Honda Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,340||$670||$112|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$862||$431||$72|
|Honda Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,450||$725||$121|
|Hyundai Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$806||$403||$67|
|Hyundai Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$1,140||$570||$95|
|Mazda 3 S Sport 4-Dr Hatchback||$1,082||$541||$90|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$934||$467||$78|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,048||$524||$87|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,218||$609||$102|
|Toyota RAV4 4WD||$1,088||$544||$91|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$1,122||$561||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in specific garaging location which can increase or decrease coverage rates significantly.
Higher deductibles lower rates
The example below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can influence Hyundai Elantra yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The data is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Hyundai Elantra rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The chart below shows how traffic citations and at-fault collisions raise Chevrolet Tahoe annual premium costs for each age group. The information is based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Chevrolet Tahoe rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Auto insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Car insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help bring down the price. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you get a quote, but some discounts are required to be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Driver Safety - Taking part in a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying coverage for all your vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Membership in Organizations - Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Easton may earn a discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Good Students Pay Less - Excelling in school may save as much as 25% on a Easton auto insurance quote. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with the same insurance company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Anti-theft System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a Easton auto insurance quote.
- Own a Home and Save - Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
Don't be surprised that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- State Farm has discounts for passive restraint, good student, anti-theft, defensive driving training, and student away at school.
- Progressive offers discounts including good student, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- Travelers has savings for early quote, IntelliDrive, home ownership, good student, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- American Family offers discounts for defensive driver, TimeAway discount, air bags, early bird, and good driver.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include hybrid vehicle, multi-car, safety features, new vehicle discount, newly retired, multi-policy, and good student.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in every state. To see providers that offer some of these discounts in Pennsylvania, click here.
Why your price might be higher
Many different elements are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although others are not as apparent like where you live or how financially stable you are.
Shown below are some of the things that factor into your rates.
- Minor frequent auto insurance claims are not good - Companies in Pennsylvania provide discounts to insureds who do not file claims often. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Your credit rating is important - An insured's credit score factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. So if your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your vehicle by spending a little time repairing your credit. People that have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than those with worse credit.
- Discounts for married couples - Having a spouse may save some money compared to being single. Having a spouse means you're more mature and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Cheaper to insure women? - Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn't mean females are better drivers. Men and women get in accidents in similar percentages, but males have costlier accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are the most expensive to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
Car insurance can get complicated
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing a policy for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone's situation is unique and your car insurance should be unique as well. For example, these questions might point out if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Easton?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
If you're not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Buying auto insurance from Easton car insurance agents
Some people would prefer to go talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is you can get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local agencies is important especially in Easton.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Easton that can provide free Easton auto insurance quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to even leave your home since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, just go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an insurance company requires you to look at more than just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Easton?
Upon getting reasonable responses for all questions you ask as well as the cheapest Easton auto insurance quotes, you may have found an insurer that can be trusted to service your policy.
Buyer beware of car insurance advertising tricks
Companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive consistently run television, radio, and online ads. All the ads seem to make the promise that you'll save big if you just switch your car insurance policy to them. That's great but how can every company cost less than your current company? Here is how they do it.
Many companies are able to cherry pick for the driver that will not have excessive claims. An example of this type of risk profile might be described as married and over the age of 30, carries high limits, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. A customer who fits that profile receives the best rates in Easton and will most likely save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who don't qualify for the "perfect" profile will be charged more expensive rates and the prospect going elsewhere. If you listen closely, the ads state "drivers that switch" not "everybody who quotes" save the amount stated. That's why insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do.
Because of the profiling, drivers must get Easton auto insurance quotes from several different companies. It's just too difficult to predict with any certainty which company will fit your personal profile best.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
When trying to cut insurance costs, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where an insured cut liability coverage limits only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just showed you some good ideas how to save on insurance in Easton. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Easton auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. Some small companies may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Affordable insurance in Easton is possible on the web in addition to many Easton insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers don't offer online rate quotes and many times these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
More tips and info about insurance is located at these sites:
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a GMC Sierra in Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Pennsylvania Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Active Military in Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)